REGISTERED SOCIAL LANDLORDS
Flutter Shutter™ commercial blinds offer a unique and revolutionary benefit in the property market. Unlike any other blind available, we have invented a way to incorporate draught proofing into our design, keeping out the cold and trapping in the warmth. The Flutter Shutter™ uses part recyclable ABS and plastic, making our blinds both environmentally friendly and fire safety approved. Our aim is to provide savings in money and energy for all of our customers.
Originating as a Green Deal Assessor Organisation (GDAO), we have had council contracts throughout the country and now, almost 5 years on, Flutter Shutter Ltd. are present and operating throughout the city of Liverpool.
Our creative and effective solution of the Flutter Shutter™ was deliberated from working closely with Housing Associations, Councils and Registered Social Landlords as a way of saving both energy and heat for their tenants and therefore saving money and the environment.
From our first-hand experience as Domestic Energy Assessors, one of the main issues with social housing is draft proofing. It’s known that housing associations have spent thousands of pounds trying to reduce this problem in order to get the energy performance certificate (EPC) rating up. The standard has been set that every landlord needs to reach a minimum of an C rating on an EPC by 2030. Our product significantly diminishes the issue of draft proofing.
An exciting full-scale pilot scheme has been launched by Flutter Shutter Ltd. in conjunction with LIVV Housing Group that provides a Flutter Shutter™ to all but one window in a selection of homes throughout the Knowsley Borough. This trial will highlight the difference Flutter Shutter™ makes in a real-life environment. The scheme will ultimately help calculate the cost of savings, improving quality of life whilst combatting the ‘heating or eating’ dilemma that is currently faced in our society.
Flutter Shutter™ has also been made eligible for multiple other schemes allowing for Housing Associations, Councils and Registered Social Landlords to take advantage of these arrangements to benefit both themselves and their tenants. Below is a list of currently available schemes that Flutter Shutter™ is a part of. Click the titles below for a detailed breakdown on each available scheme.
The Energy Company Obligation, also known as the ECO scheme, is a government efficiency scheme that aims to reduce carbon emissions and combat fuel poverty. This scheme is targeted towards homes of low-income residents who are fuel poor and vulnerable.
- Households who are considered to be on a low income and who are in fuel poverty
- You need to be in receipt of benefits
- Houses with EPC ratings of E, F & G
- You must be a homeowner (not renting)
The Local Authority Flexible scheme, also known as LA Flex, is an extension of the ECO3 scheme in an effort to help households reduce their energy bills and carbon footprint. This variant of the scheme is intended to help low-income and vulnerable households who are living in a cold home but are not receiving benefits. The scheme provides energy grants to Local Authority Councils that are to be passed to those most in need of this.
The exact criteria may vary depending on the Local Authority, but it will generally come down to three principal areas: age, health, and property type. Additional criteria is as follows:
- Not applicable for social housing tenants & you must be a homeowner
- The boiler in your home must be at least 7 years old.
- Household income of less than £30,000 (depends on what your local authority deems as ‘low income’)
The Local Authority Delivery Scheme, also known as the LAD Scheme, is a system in place that aims to raise the energy efficiency of low-income and low EPC rated including those living in poor quality off-gas grid homes. This is to help progress to a net zero commitment by 2050. Unfortunately, the LAD scheme cannot be used in conjunction to the ECO scheme.
- Households should have a combined income of no more than £30,000
- Homes to be improved should be currently rated as EPC E, F, or G, although some D rated houses are eligible under phase 1B and phase 2
- Measures to be used are any heating measure compatible with the SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) focused on insulation and low carbon heating.
- 100% subsidy for owner-occupier (up to £10,000)
- 2/3rd subsidy for social or private landlords (up to £5,000) landlords must pay 1/3rd
WHY CHOOSE FLUTTER SHUTTER™?
- Safe & above board for install in Conservation areas and Listed buildings
- In keeping with and assisting Net zero targets
- Alleviates Fuel poverty
- Aesthetically regenerates our communities in need of a face lift giving it a more friendly and inviting feel
- Extensive time and experience within energy industry and social housing
- No need to rip out existing windows meaning less waste materials to dispose of, saving time, money and labour hours
- 25 year life span with warranties on parts and maintenance ongoing
“Our mission is to develop aesthetically pleasing, low cost energy products that save on consumer bills and reduce carbon footprints”